The following Model Systems researchers have informed the MSKTC of presentations at the 2018 ACRM annual conference. The event will be held from September 30-October 3 in Dallas, TX.
- Susan Robinson-Whelen, Ph.D. (Texas Spinal Cord Injury Model System at TIRR) will present a paper, “GoHealthySCI: Primary and Secondary Outcomes of an Online Peer-facilitated Weight Management Pilot Study," in collaboration with Stephanie Silveira, Ph.D., Rosemary B. Hughes, Ph.D., Margaret A. Nosek, Ph.D., Heather B. Taylor, Ph.D., Tracey A. Ledoux, Ph.D., Lisa Wenzel, M.D., Lauren Diaz, M.S., and the GoHealthySCI Consortium.
- Susan Robinson-Whelen, Ph.D. (Texas Spinal Cord Injury Model System at TIRR) will present a poster, “The Effect of Hurricane Harvey on the Health Practices of GoHealthySCI Program Participants”, on behalf of the GoHealthSCI Consortium.
- Yuying Chen, M.D., Ph.D. (National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center); Mary Jo Roach, Ph.D. (Northeast Ohio Regional Spinal Cord Injury System); Amanda Botticello, Ph.D. (Northern New Jersey Spinal Cord Injury System); and Yue Cao, Ph.D. will present the symposium “Understanding Social Determinants of Health After Spinal Cord Injury Through Big Data Research.”
- Investigators from the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, Yuying Chen, M.D., Ph.D.; Huacoon Wen, M.S.; and Tapan Mehta, Ph.D., will present a poster “Body mass index and mortality after spinal cord injury.”
- Jennifer Coker, M.A. (Rocky Mountain Regional Spinal Injury System (RMRSIS) (Craig Hospital)), will lead the symposium “Nutritional and dietary supplement needs during the acute and chronic stages of spinal cord injury.”
- Natalie Jenkins, M.A.(Rusk Rehabilitation TBI Model System) Michael Juszczak (Rusk Rehabilitation TBI Model System)Michelle Smith, MPH, (Rusk Rehabilitation TBI Model System) and Tamara Bushnik, Ph.D. (Rusk Rehabilitation TBI Model System) will present the poster “Cross-Cultural Difference in Depression and Anxiety 1-Year Post-Traumatic Brain Injury.”
- Stephanie Kolakowsky-Hayner, Ph.D., (New York TBI Model System, Mount Sinai Hospital SCI Model System) will present a workshop on Productive Writing, moderate a table at the Mentoring Lunch, and participate as a member of the Distinguished Scholars Panel.
- Tessa Hart, Ph.D., FACRM, (Moss Traumatic Brain Injury Model System) presented "Treatment infidelity: Causes, consequences, and cures" with Gitendra Uswatte, Ph.D.
- Tessa Hart, Ph.D., FACRM; (Moss Traumatic Brain Injury Model System); Shannon Juengst, Ph.D., CRC (North Texas Traumatic Brain Injury Model System) presented "Mobile technologies for assessment and treatment in traumatic brain injury" with Amanda Rabinowitz, Ph.D.
In addition, Cindy Cai, Ph.D. and Cynthia Overton, Ph.D., co-project directors of the Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center (MSKTC), will present "Making Research Relevant: How the MSKTC Develops and Disseminates User Friendly Research."